- Lance Keltner - organizing the musical cross-collaboration effort
- Terrany Johnson - our expert on how to bootstrap your music business.
- Marie-Laure Carvalho - organizing our social events for the year. We plan to meet once a month in 2007
Watch Before the Music Dies to get up to speed on what's going on with the music industry. Dave Matthews, Erykah Badu feature prominently and have become bootstrappers.
- Educate ourselves about the "bootstrap" path available, which does not involve getting a record deal, but rather taking charge of our own destinies, much the way Ani di Franco, Peter Gabriel, Russell Simmons and other very successful bootstrap musicians have done. This is analogous in the world of tech, to not seeking venture funding for tech companies.
- Gather the Austin music community together to help each other, solve problems and provide resources, in the same way that members of Bootstrap Austin do.
- Bring together the music community through an ongoing live event where we create jam sessions which could turn into new and interesting music genres, bands and other collaborations. Austin is a perfect place to bring about new genres with the diversity of musical talent we have here.
- Facilitate cross-pollination among the music, tech, film and other subgroups that we've created at Bootstrap Austin.
Bootstrap Music Resources
- Rights Organizations: ASCAP, BMI, SESAC
- Promotional Websites: My Space, CD Baby
- Musician Mix: site to help musicians find each other by Bootstrap Member Samir Patodia