== Formulation thoughts for Bootstrap Austin Advisory Boards ==
== Formulation thoughts for Bootstrap Austin Advisory Boards ==
| || |
Revision as of 06:40, 12 June 2007
nokia ringtones paxil online cheap didrex buy ultracet sonyericsson ringtones free mono ringtones valium online diazepam clomid online fioricet online paxil online free kyocera ringtones mp3 ringtones mp3 ringtones cheap alprazolam alltel ringtones alprazolam online buy lipitor hydrocodone online verizon ringtones levitra cheap tramadol hydrocodone online sprint ringtones order xanax free real ringtones tracfone ringtones propecia online order ativan samsung ringtones cheap tramadol didrex online cheap clomid lorazepam online free samsung ringtones albuterol online cheap zyban cheap soma but clonazepam cheap paxil free real ringtones cheap sildenafil soma online ambien order wellbutrin adipex online propecia online free real ringtones diethylpropion online polyphonic ringtones rivotril online free jazz ringtones cheap lipitor lorazepam online cheap prozac carisoprodol online free polyphonic ringtones tenuate online valium online polyphonic ringtones lipitor online free free ringtones cheap phentermine sagem ringtones free free ringtones buy ultracet buy ortho vigrx online nexium meridia online sharp ringtones music ringtones cheap diazepam cheap carisoprodol wellbutrin cheap meridia free ringtones buy xanax mtv ringtones fioricet online mp3 ringtones free nextel ringtones cheap adipex xanax online free sagem ringtones diazepam online cheap clonazepam polyphonic ringtones carisoprodol online wellbutrin online free kyocera ringtones cheap ativan cheap viagra buy lorazepam cheap ultram free kyocera ringtones order alprazolam free alltel ringtones ambien online vicodin online motorola ringtones free sony ericsson ringtones free punk ringtones buy viagra but phentermine xanax online buy ultram valium online free cingular ringtones buy adipex cyclobenzaprine online cheap propecia tenuate online cheap carisoprodol cheap ultracet cheap pharmacy online free wwe ringtones diazepam online xenical online nokia ringtones free qwest ringtones zanaflex online cheap diazepam verizon ringtones motorola ringtones cheap lortab buy prozac ericsson ringtones ortho cheap cyclobenzaprine cheap celexa free free ringtones phentermine online cool ringtones prozac online qwest ringtones order cialis free sprint ringtones nexium online real ringtones free sagem ringtones tracfone ringtones nokia ringtones free punk ringtones free mp3 ringtones free sony ringtones buy ativan but hgh free midi ringtones alltel ringtones cheap flexeril free sony ericsson ringtones motorola ringtones vicodin online tracfone ringtones soma online order levitra free motorola ringtones cheap didrex sildenafil online cheap pharmacy online cheap zoloft order hydrocodone sony ringtones cingular ringtones viagra buy paxil buy ambien buy lortab hydrocodone online vigrx online cheap ativan hgh online sildenafil online viagra online ortho online nextel ringtones lisinopril funny ringtones sony ericsson ringtones buy vicodin cheap hydrocodone order ativan mono ringtones clonazepam levitra online free sprint ringtones cialis online sony ringtones cheap levitra cheap zanaflex but phentermine celexa online order ultracet free wwe ringtones sharp ringtones buy norco soma cheap ultracet free cingular ringtones
Formulation thoughts for Bootstrap Austin Advisory Boards
The following notes were gleaned from conversations with Jonathan Davis, Chad Jewell, Jeff Hotz, Michelle Ewalt and David Swedlow The purpose of the notes is to collaboratively develop a model for some experimental boards of advisors within the Bootstrap Austin community.
The model initially looks like it is made up of:
Logistics information in no particular order
- Size – 6-9
- Frequency/meeting length – once per month / 4 hours in length / 1 year commitment
- Location – in a central location for the group usually in a conference room
- Attendance – YEO you are allowed one miss maximum each year or you are out / Meetings start after a 5-minute period for howdy and how are you’s. No one allowed in after the meeting starts. They also treat arriving after the meeting starts as a missed meeting.
- No phone calls are permitted and if the phone rings or vibrates $100 fine the first time, the second = $250 and the 3rd time you are out of the group.
- Cost for admission ranges from $3800 to ??? for the first year.
- There is an agreement to not sell any services or products to any of the others on the board
- The above item raises the question of what, if any, are the costs of being in a group. This also makes me think of compensation for facilitators or is it voluntary.
The YEO groups use a form (see attached) that is prepared by each member prior to the meeting in order to set and manage the meeting agenda that includes:
- A way to open the meeting in a way that expresses how you are in the moment with out a professional façade. Titled ONE WORD
- A self-scan focused on the best and worst of your business, personal and family life. This is used to I think to set the agenda for the day and to capture ideas and actions you will take from the meeting to address the challenge.
- Achievement as compared to the last meeting
- What achievement is next for you
- A section identifying any needs you have or leads you have for the group
- The section called PARKING LOT and GOLD MINE and BRILLIANCE, I think are designed to capture ideas while someone else has the floor.
- The agenda is set based on expressed needs with more time allocated for the member or members who have the most immediate or urgent need. The actual flow of the meetings is pretty vague for me but Jeff and Michelle can fill in from their experiences.
This one is part art, attraction, and logic. Some random and conflicting thoughts:
- Non competitors
- YEO does not allow for group members to do business with each other in order to eliminate any land mines that can come out of a business relationship
- Same stage of development and size so issues are comparable
- A mix of valley of death and growth if the growth person is amenable for mentoring
- Have the groups self form to eliminate the forced fit feeling that may be a by product of having someone else select the members
- Make up a backdoor so there is a way to step out that is pre-paved so there is less chance of ruffling feathers. Example, after the first 3 meetings if there is a desire of someone to shop for another group it is known and not a surprise.
This one whether done via a skilled facilitator or with a member of the board obviously needs to be done well for maximum success.
- Trust is a must therefore the “what is said here, stays here” agreement needs to be very clear. TAB and YEO gets into balance sheet and income statement details as well as family and partner issues so before a member is willing to open the kimono they need reassurance that they are not going to run into gossip about something they shared inside the group in the outside world.
- Some of the groups I have known don’t allow for advice, which sounds counter intuitive. They limit interactions to 1) questions without an agenda and 2) any sharing of ideas comes in the form of examples, “here is what I have done that worked well in my organization. This may seem stifling but it has some merit. This can bypass what may be perceived as preaching or unwelcome advise that can shut down receptivity
Submitted by Stan Tyler