Leading a Subgroup
If you would like to lead up a subgroup on a particular topic as your service to Bootstrap, please contact Bijoy. Ideally, subgroups have 2 (max 3) co-leads with a nice MRE balance! Usually, it will start with one person wanting to step up and then evolves from there. If you're the initial lead for a subgroup, we can work together to find a colead. Having a colead is not a requirement, but highly recommended so you can get "Power of 2," lighten the load, etc.
It's also important that if you cannot continue leading a subgroup and would like to step down, please find a replacement and alert me so I can help with that process! Given our bootstrapper realities, this is more than likely to happen and also totally fine! Serving Bootstrap should NOT be a burden and you will likely give others the opportunity to step up. And please, do it sooner rather than later.
One of the coleads will become the online administrator for the group. Bijoy will create a wiki page, an email address, a yahoo group and Evite account. Here's how to use these online tools:
- Group Wiki page: communicate information about the leads, mission, needs and any other internal operation of your group. See the Music subgroup for an example.
- Email address forwards to the online administrator and can be used when people want to communicate with you.
- Yahoo group is used for group discussion and communication of events. We are experimenting with Small World Labs group functionality, and some new groups will be hosted there on a case-by-case basis.
- Evite account will be used for events. Copy and paste email list from the yahoo group (by going to "Members" and clicking on "Download." You should also create a public URL for your event, which can be shared with others. Evite's RSVP features is the main reason to use this so you can plan and communicate with attendees.
- For Austin events, please update your event info on the Bootstrap Austin Calendar. Monthly updates are sent at the beginning of each month by bootstrap member Scott Ingram. Add the Evite public URL to the Notes section of the yahoo calendar Please do NOT use the yahoo group reminders; rather, use Evite's reminders.