Support Bootstrapping in the Austin Gaming industry.
Represent & explain Bootstrapping to an industry that embraces the model, but does not share the vocabulary.
Bridge the divide between the traditional game company business model (slash, burn, sell to ***) and the Bootstrap ideal of building great, sustainable businesses.
The industry surrounding Gaming includes ventures that:
- design/develop (creation, expansion, editing)
- produce (print, programming, testing, art, music)
- market (channel marketing, community building)
- distribute (retail & direct fulfilment)
- support (hosting, events, systems), or
- integrate games into other ventures (consulting, entertainment, education).
In Austin, we have strong companies from both the digital (console, computer, massively multiplayer online, mobile) and hobby/traditional (card, board, RPG, miniature) sides of this industry.