(Redirected from Publishing Subgroup (Austin))
Past Leads: Thom Singer, Dave Wolpert
- Educate aspiring authors about applying the principles of bootstrapping to publishing.
- Inspire creative applications of technology to the entire self-publishing process from conception to marketing, such as podcasting, eBooks, the use of digital voice recording to capture ideas, eNewsletters, blogs, and search engine marketing.
- Provide informational and networking resources to help group members sell more books using creative marketing techniques, speaking opportunities, PR, and more.
- Facilitate cross-pollination between the other Bootstrap subgroups.
This group does not meet - join the yahoo group
- Print on Demand: Ingram Micro - Lightning Source, Amazon, Createspace. The benefit is no inventory since they automatically supply book retailers. Also, they will drop-shop fixed quantities as needed.
- Book Printing - United Graphics Good for printing batches of 1000. Quality is better, but you now have to manage inventory.