- JC Otero: jcfromadiki at gmail
Cell: 512-422-0334 twitter: @oterojc & @ASENtweet facebook: facebook.com/jc.otero linkedin: linkedin.com/juancarlosotero
- (2009) Olga Pechnenko-Kopp: olgavkopp at gmail and Martin Montero these3remain at gmail
- (2008) Maggie Miller magszoe AT yahoo
Our Mission is simple: To create social good through bootstrapping.
The Cause Subgroup exists as a powerful source of energy, knowledge, experience, and inspiration for, and a community of, socially minded bootstrap entrepreneurs and leaders.
The cause subgroup of Bootstrap Austin seeks to support a community of individuals interested in using the bootstrap methodology to turn their ideas into strong, productive socially entrepreneurial organizations. This community will act as a foundation by which its members may more fully develop their ideas then develop and provide services. This foundation will allow the functionality of members' organizations to grow unencumbered by outside funding sources. Through the nonprofit subgroup, a myriad of resources will become available to members as the group grows in size and as the individuals develop their expertise. Also, through the subgroup's connection with the larger bootstrap group, cross-pollination may occur to generate unexpected and exciting ideas and possibilities.
Non profits are welcomed to participate how ever this group in not about making better non profits. It is purely entrepreneurialy focused.
Prominent bootstrap founders are calling for the integration of non/for-profit ventures. These include:
- Muhammad Yunus' new book: Creating a World Without Poverty: Social Business and the Future of Capitalism covers his notion of Social Business
- Bill Gates talk at Davos '08 on Social Enterprise
- John Mackey on Conscious Capitalism
- Paul Graham, How to Create a Successful Startup on how being benevolent creates wealth for those who do
- Austin Social Entrepreneurs Network - Austin's online portal to connecting with fellow Austinite Social Entrepreneurs & Innovators
- Austin Social Business - founded by Kala Philo, focused on Muhammad Yunus Social Business Model
- Leadership Austin
- Nonprofit Resources
- Grameen Bank - a fantastic example of creating a sustainable business with the poor AS YOUR CUSTOMER. The Book Club discussed founder Muhammad Yuns' book, Bank to the the Poor