Participants are members of the bootstrap community that take on a limited level of involvement. Becoming a participant within the group is predicated on the desire to contribute mutually to those in the organization. A participant, while a bootstrapper, usually does not consider the Bootstrap Community to be one of the top 3 organizations that they participate in. The goal of the typical participant is casual learning, and keeping their eyes open for beneficial activities throughout the group.
- Ability to ask questions of fellow bootstrappers
- Learn from other's experiences
- Discover other bootstrappers
- Observation of Yahoo Group(s)
- Observation of Social Networking Community
- Casual Learning
- Yahoo Groups (Bootstrap Austin Members)
- Bootstrap Online Network
- Bootstrap Austin Blog and Bootstrap Network Blog
- Boot Rap Podcast
- Bootstrap Karma - signup occurs only when the member attends their first bootstrap event and gives their name/email address and is charged in BK. Member is unable to transact on the system until they receive endorsements from 4 already-endorsed members in the BK system.
- No Solicitation
- No attacking of community members
- No public complaining about stuff – if its broken then talk to a leader in the community and think about becoming a Contributr to fix it
- Opportunities: The Bootstrap Community is a constantly changing place that holds many different types of activities for its members. The most current list of initiatives can be found on the Bootstrap Wiki.
- Models – Bootstrapping, MRE/5D framework
- Skills – Breakout sessions, topic specific subgroups
- Knowledge – Sharing knowledge, subgroups, archives
- Connection – Meeting others within the group
- Next - Active Participant