After understanding the community and realizing some level of benefit, the Active Participant actively interacts with other Participants of the community in order to advance his/her own venture AND help other community participants advance their ventures. Examples: Participation in a sub-group like Bootstrap Ideation Subgroup; active exchange of messages on the Yahoo Group; leverage the BootKarma system to trade services with other participants.
- Increases member's efficiency and effectiveness as a bootsrapper
- Ideation for new opportunities
- Personal and professional validation
- Personal reflection, feedback and advice from fellow-bootstrappers
- Develop meaningful relationships with other bootstrappers
- Learn from speakers and content
- Active commitment to help him/herself through venture phases
- Commitment to interact with others towards the same goal of venture development
- Monthly Meetings
- Participation in one or more Subgroup or initiative (like Book Club)
- Contributes in Yahoo Group(s)
- Posts Completed Public Profile on Bootstrap Online Network
- Bootstrap Karma - participant has gathered endorsements from 4 already-endorsed members of the system and can now freely transact on the BK system with other participants.