Bootstrap Austin is a community in the Austin Entrepreneurship Scene (#ATXentScene twitter hashtag and twitter list). In addition to supporting bootstrap entrepreneurs, we are committed to stewarding this vibrant scene so entrepreneurs of all paths can find the resources and support they need to progress through all stages of the journey. We are also discovering the Austin Style of entrepreneurship, distinct from other cities.
Bootstrap Austin and the ATX Entrepreneur Scene have been featured in BusinessWeek, Entrepreneur Magazine (twice, and a THIRD time), GigaOm, Time, ABJ Entrepreneur, Kiplinger, CNN and Inc Magazine. You can also follow the ATXentScene Youtube Channel.
How Bootstrap Austin Works
- Welcome to Bootstrap - history and why we exist
- Bootstrap Map and Bootstrap Terms - learn about the stages, actions and principles of the bootstrap journey.
- Monthly Meeting - the community gathers on the 2nd Monday of ever month.
- Subgroups - where bootstrap members meet and discuss particular topics
- Boot Board - 6 to 8 (of the same) bootstrappers who meet once a month for 4 hours to discuss their businesses.
- Community Playbook - what the Bootstrap Community is all about and how you can engage with it.
- Contributors - the bootstrap community is led by members who help lead subgroups and create new initiatives.
- Labs - how bootstrap develops new initiatives for the community and beyond
Bootstrap Blog - blog for the Bootstrap community - how members can contribute
Bootstrap Bootcamp - videos explaining the stages, principles and actions of bootstrap entrepreneurship
SubGroups by Stage
You must be in a particular stage (or beyond) to join that subgroup
SubGroups by Industry
NOTE: Industry subgroups are open to bootstrappers in all stages
SubGroups by Topic
NOTE: Topic subgroups are open to bootstrappers in all stages
Bootstrap Bumper Stickers - track the progress of your journey with a bumper sticker!
Bootstrap Seal - add the bootstrap seal/logo to your website
Bootstrap Sites are hosted by Primus Networks